Area high school students looking to immerse themselves in the arts, need look no further than the Perpich Center for Arts Education, (also known as Arts High School). The school is a tuition-free, public high school open to 11th and 12th grade Minnesota residents.
Arts High School students take part in a rigorous academic program and receive intense coursework focused in six art areas: dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, and visual arts. Students have to select one of those programs as their primary focus of study. The graduates of Arts High School have gone on to win prestigious awards, and work at such places as the Cartoon Network and Saturday Night Live. Dorms are also available at the school for students who live far from campus.
- Fax: 763-591-4646
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:45am - 4:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: There's an elevator in the main lobby.
- Founding Date: Established by MN legislature in 1985; the first students attended the school in 1989.
- Number of students: 310
- Male-to-female ratio: 50/50
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 99
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the North Central Association of Secondary Schools and the National Association of College Admission Counseling
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 33
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students hold regular performances, readings, gallery shows and recitals (on and off-site)
- What makes this community special?: Students at Arts High School are there because they want to be there. The student body consists of a teens from urban, suburban and rural areas.
- Grade levels: 11-12
- Boarding: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Student clubs: Student Council, Gala Committee, Harry Potter Club, Volleyball/Hip Hop, French Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, Thespian, Literary, Anime, Book Club, Environmental Club, Ring Committee, Graduation Committee