LoveWorks Academy occupies the building that once housed St. Margaret Mary Catholic School in Golden Valley. Now in its sixth year, 265 students receive an education centered around visual and performing arts. School administrators say the curriculum educates and develops the whole child "mentally, intellectually, physically, and artistically." Students at LoveWorks can learn about music, dance, band, ballet, tap, and modern hip-hop; all while learning the basics of reading, writing, and arithmetic. Teachers at the school are experienced artists and musicians who contribute to a world-class learning environment for the diverse group of students. In the words of Business Manager Tania Schletty, LoveWorks Academy is "Where strong academics are a must, and college is the future."
- Fax: 763-522-6840
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm; School: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 2:30pm; after school programs, however, go until 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking and access ramps available. Handicapped elevator inside.
- Founding Date: 2004
- Number of students: 265
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance rate (%): -4
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Grades 1 - 8 have 22 students max. Kindergarten has 13 students max.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 32
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school offers community picnics and open concerts on a quarterly basis. Students also go out in the community to perform.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 8
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Taekwondo, tutoring, art
- Sports teams: None, however, students can play for teams from other districts with permission
- Student clubs: Drum line, choir, literary arts, student council, girls group, wings program, musical actors, entrepreneurs club