Breck School has provided a quality education to Minnesota's youth since the late 1800s; developing a reputation for blending innovation and tradition in the classroom. The school has been in Golden Valley since 1981, occupying the space that once housed Golden Valley High School. The private school's mission is to "Prepare each student for a college whose culture is compatible with the individual's needs, interests, and abilities." Breck's campus houses the entire PK-12 school in a single building. However, those schools are divided into three academic divisions: the Lower School (pre-4); the Middle School (5-8); and the Upper School (9-12). Those students have access to some of the most state-of-the-art educational technology available. For instance, students in grades 4-12 all receive laptops, which are meant to be used as supplements to textbooks. Students can also choose between a number of extracurricular activities and sports teams.
- Fax: 763-381-8288
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:15pm; some preschool and kindergarten classes go until noon.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1886
- Number of students: 1,170
- Male-to-female ratio: 530 boys, 601 girls
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Episcopal
- Acceptance rate (%): 60
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Upper 1:7.3; Middle 1:8.4; Lower 1:9.6
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 159 instructional employees
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Breck has an extensive service program. Students in the Upper School do volunteer work every Wednesday morning at 40 sites across the Twin Cities.
- Grade levels: pre-12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Students have a wide variety of extracurricular activities to choose from in the visual and performing arts
- Sports teams: Breck has more than 70 girls and boys teams that compete interscholastically
- Uniforms: Yes
- Student clubs: Clubs of all kinds exist at Breck