Close to 200 guests took the Walker Art Center party space to capacity on Saturday evening, Oct. 27, when the Perpich Foundation threw a party to raise money for the Perpich Center for Arts Education.
A social hour, followed by a four-course dinner and a live auction to raise money for scholarships provided entertainment for alumni, faculty and staff of the center, along with friends and relatives.
The event raised approximately $30,000, $10,000 of which will be used for scholarship programs (college, workshops, exchange programs, and arts competitions). The remaining funds will support the artscience program at the arts high school and advocacy for arts education.
Five Friends of Art Education Awards went to the following recipients:
• Bob Frey, social studies instructor at Perpich Arts High School
• Sheila Livingston, artistic relations director of the Guthrie Theater, former executive editor of Guthrie History and former head of director relations
• Rana Nestrud, arts magnet director at Elk River High School
• Pam Paulson, senior policy director for Perpich Center for Arts Education
• Roe Pressley, Perpich Arts High School music alumnus also known as Swee2th, now a DJ, producer, musician, and founding member of SubClass in the Twin Cities
Information provided by Perpich Center for Arts Education.