If construction continues on schedule, students and staff at Breck School in Golden Valley can expect a few changes to their building by the first day of school in the fall.
“We are on schedule and on budget and expecting to be ready for the start of the 2013-14 school year,” Breck School Director of Communications Jill Field told Patch. “We're very grateful to our neighbors for their patience and understanding in the face of the additional traffic, noise and activity during the construction process, and we're looking forward to scheduling an open house for neighbors and friends in the early fall.”
Plans for the expansion provided to the Golden Valley Planning Commission last year included highlights such as:
- Two additional floors to support Breck’s math and science curriculum
- Renovated media center that will support increasing use of technology
- A greater number of smaller classrooms, faculty space and meeting space
- Two environmentally friendly “green” roofs that will also support science curriculum
- Consolidation of Upper School administrative services
- Updated electrical and mechanical systems
According to the Breck School website, the new classrooms will be built during the 2012-13 school year and the current science classrooms will “remain intact and used” throughout the school year. During the summer of 2013, those science classrooms will be reconfigured into humanities classrooms.
Check out additional construction details on the Breck School website construction page.
SHARE: What do you think of the construction and expansion at Breck School? Share your thoughts in comments!