Before two upcoming Bottineau Transitway community meetings, the Golden Valley City Council heard a brief update on the proposed project at their Feb. 19 meeting.
“Going forward, Hennepin County intends to provide updates to all of the communities impacted by the Bottineau Transitway, including Golden Valley, on a monthly basis,” Golden Valley City Planner Joe Hogeboom wrote in a memo to the council.
The updates, Hogeboom told the council, should begin at city council meeting next month.
“Staff is currently working to determine the timing and level of commitment from the county with regard to station area planning initiatives,” Hogeboom wrote in a memo to the council. “Staff intends to generate a schedule of events surrounding station and land use planning later this spring.”
Two upcoming Bottineau Transitway community meetings in Minneapolis were also referenced at the Feb. 19 meeting.
- Feb. 26 – Meeting provides the project design team and community members a chance to share and discuss information about the park and proposed transitway.
- March 2 - Gives community members a chance to review and provide input about the proposed transitway.
Golden Valley Mayor Shep Harris also talked about a recent letter he sent to the Hennepin County Board and Metropolitan Council referencing the upcoming meetings and intended outcomes.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Golden Valley Officials Concerned About Upcoming Bottineau Meeting
- All You Need to Know About Bottineau
- Met Council Will Hold Public Hearing on Bottineau