On Oct. 16, Golden Valley Police arrested a 34-year-old Coon Rapids man and a 38-year-old St. Paul woman after four police officers were called to Menards in Golden Valley.
According to the Golden Valley police incident report, both suspects were arrested after "struggling with Menards security."
James Erickson, the Coon Rapids suspect, was arrested on five different charges including shop lifting, obstructing the legal process, and use or possession of tear gas. The woman that Erickson was with was arrested on a warrant and also shop lifting charges. According to the arrest report, the woman stole less than $500. She was also arrested on fifth-degree drug charges.
This isn't Erickson's first run-in with police. According to Minnesota court documents, in February, Erickson was charged with domestic assault. He's also been charged with disorderly conduct and theft.
Other incidents that occurred between Oct. 16 and Oct. 19 include:
- At 10:39 a.m., Police arrested a 69-year-old man after he drove his car off the road and hit a fence at the intersection of Toledo Avenue North and Duluth Street. The man said he took a "double dose of oxycodone." He was arrested and sent to North Memorial Hospital.
- Police were called to a home at the 2900 block of Noble Avenue North after homeowners realized that the home was "entered and items were taken."
- Reports of possible burglary at an apartment building located at the 5600 block of Laurel Avenue.
- While homeowners were sleeping, a suspect broke into their home at the 2400 block of Wisconsin Avenue North. While the homeowners had a dog, the dog did not bark.
- Police responded to reports of theft after $6,500 worth of equipment was stolen from a construction trailer at the 1400 block of Brenner Pass.