.

Paint Supplies Cause Golden Valley House Fire

The home was unoccupied when Golden Valley firefighters responded.

At about 10:50 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 17, a resident living on the 1400 block of Valders Avenue called 911, reporting that visible flames were coming from a nearby home.

When Golden Valley firefighters arrived on the scene, they quickly extinguished a fire that started in the breezeway between the garage and the home.

Golden Valley Fire Chief Mark Kuhnly said damage was very minimal, in part because the neighbor immediately called 911 upon seeing smoke and flames.

“It was a good outcome to something that could have been much worse,” Kuhnly said.

The home, which is under construction, was unoccupied when the fire started. Kuhnly confirmed that the fire started by “spontaneous combustion” from various paint supplies.

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Sign up for our daily newsletter

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something