After the retirement of Deputy Fire Marshal Ed Anderson, Golden Valley decided to evaluate the “needs” and “organizational structure” of the Golden Valley Fire Department.
“Having had discussions with the Fire Chief, it has been determined that the department needs a Deputy Fire Chief position,” Golden Valley City Manager Tom Burt wrote in a Feb. 12 memo to the City Council.
The position would include:
- Perform all the duties of the Deputy Fire Marshal
- Act in the absence of the Fire Chief
- Assist with the management of department operations
- Coordinate equipment purchases
- Other assigned duties
“The proposed salary for the Deputy Fire Chief Position is $78,248 to $93,152 a year,” Burt wrote in the memo.
The Golden Valley City Council unanimously approved adopting a resolution modifying 2013 general wages and salary for the new deputy fire chief position at its Feb. 19 meeting.
The job opening for the deputy fire chief position is listed on the city of Golden Valley website, with application closing date of March 3, 2013.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Golden Valley Fire Fighter Retires After 20 Years of Service