Whether you’re spring cleaning, looking to earn a few extra dollars or want to give back to the community, several businesses and organizations in and around Golden Valley can help. The bonus? The environmentally friendly options help keep unwanted items out of the trash.
Visit out the organization and/or business website for details on what can and cannot be donated, sold or consigned and terms.
- People Responding In Social Ministry (PRISM) in Golden Valley. Donate clothes, household items and vehicles. See the PRISM website for more information.
- Hennepin County Library. Donations books and other materials are accepted by Friends of the Hennepin County Library. Check with each individual library, such as the Golden Valley Library, for more information and verify materials are being accepted for donation.
- Golden Valley schools. Contact schools in the Hopkins and Robbinsdale Districts directly for possible donation opportunities.
- Arc's Value Village Thrift Store and Donation Center in New Hope. Donate clothing and household items. For more information, visit the Arc's Value Village website.
- Once Upon a Child. Sell infant to youth clothing, footwear, toys, furniture and more. Receive immediate payment for items accepted by Once Upon a Child.
- GameStop in Crystal. Sell pre-owned video games, game systems and other select electronics. Receive cash or trade-in credit for items accepted by GameStop.
- Half Price Books in Crystal. Sell used books, magazines, music, movies, and games. Receive immediate payment for items accepted by Half Price Books.
If you’re still looking for another avenue to find a new use for your items, consider hosting a garage sale or check out the “Choose to Reuse” directory on the Hennepin County website.
SHARE: What places do you suggest to sell, recycle or donate your gently-used goods? Share it in comments!