Is there anything better than warming up with a warm drink after walking in from the cold after a long day of work or Christmas shopping?
After a string of cold and windy days, we can expect freezing rain, fog, snow and droping temps in the next week, so plan on coming in from the cold a lot.
That just means there are more opportunities to warm up with friends or rewarding yourself with a few minutes of bliss. Don't plan on driving too far, either, because we've got the perfect place for a hot chocolate a hot toddy or a hot home brew right here in Golden Valley.
- What: Get into the spirit with a Ho Ho Mocha, Fa La Latte or a pound of the Reindeer Blend to brew at home. Don’t forget to try your hand at the daily trivia for celebratory 10 cents off your drink.
- When: Daily, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: 5725 Duluth Street ()
- What: If you stop by on Tuesday, Dec. 13 before 10 a.m., you can a get a medium cup of Peru Alto Mayo coffee for a whole dollar.
- When: Sundays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mondays through Fridays 5:45 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: 675 Winnetka Avenue North
- What: New this season is the Skinny Peppermint Mocha—a little less sugar, a little less fat and still a lot of satisfaction.
- When: Monday-Friday 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday 5:30a.m.-10:00p.m.
- Where: 7802 Olson Memorial Highway
- What: The local tavern Happy Hour prices promise not to disappoint visitors Mondays through Saturdays from 2 to 6 p.m.
- When: Daily, 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
- Where: 7345 Country Club Drive
- What: Although not hot, the bottomless glass of house wine tends to flow well through the holidays.
- When: Daily, 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: 7804 Olson Memorial Highway
- What: Feeling a little bland? Try the seasonal Sparkling Flight special through the end of the year.
- When: Sundays through Thursdays, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Fridays & Saturdays from 11 a.m. to Midnight
- Where: 550 Winnetka Avenue N.
Looking for a new winter favorite? Try heating things up with hot spiced wine.
1 Bottle of red wine & 1 Bottle of white wine (Any flavors will do, cheap wines work grand!)
1-2 cups of Water
10-12 Allspice (or Tbsp of ground Allspice)
6 Cinnamon Sticks or (a few heavy shakes of Ground Cinnamon)
Honey or Sugar to taste
Pour everything into a large pot and slowly heat on the stove but DON’T bring to a boil. Enjoy pure warm bliss!
- When: Mondays through Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: 7890 Highway 55
- When: Mondays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Fridays & Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: 7704 Highway 55
- When: Mondays through Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: 3435 Highway 169 N, Plymouth
Have a hot drink recipe you’d like to share? Add it to the comments section below.