It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’re doing for the weekend. All you know is that it's time to get out of the house!
Patch is coming to the rescue. Check out our weekend picks here every Thursday for activities going on at many happenin’ places around home and nearby.
- ADULT OPEN VOLLEYBALL
- Where/When: Davis Community Center; Sunday, Mar. 6 from 3-5 p.m.
- Why Go: If you’re 18+ and have a hankering for a little bump, set, spike action...look no further.
- Price: $4/person; pay at the door
- MINNEAPOLIS HOME & GARDEN SHOW
- Where/When: Minneapolis Convention Center (1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis) on Mar. 3 & 4 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Mar. 5 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Mar. 6 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Why Go: One more chance to get fresh home improvement ideas before Spring. And if that doesn’t excite you, perhaps the celebrity experts will.
- Price: Adult $13 ($10 if purchased on-line), Child (6-12) $4, Child (5 and under) Free
- GARDEN DESIGN
- Where/When: Tonkadale Greenhouses on Saturday, Mar. 5 from 10-11 a.m. or 2-3 p.m.
- Why Go: Before planning this year’s garden, learn how to utilize annuals and edibles amongst your perennials.
- Price: Free
- MR. PEABODY
- Where/When: Mainstreet Bar & Grill on Saturday, Mar. 5 from 9:30 p.m to 1:30 a.m.
- Why Go: The Master P will be sure to have your peas out of the pod dancing to all your rock favorites.
- Price: $5 Cover charge
- SONS OF ADAM, DAUGHTERS OF EVE
- Where/When: At the Hopkins Center for the Arts, the opening reception will be held on Thursday, Mar. 3 from 6-8 p.m. Otherwise, the gallery exhibit will also be open on Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday from Noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Heidi Nelson’s paintings are sure to inspire.
- Price: Free