It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’re doing for the weekend. But now that spring has finally arrived, you know one thing for sure. It's time to get out of the house!
Patch is coming to the rescue. Check out our weekend picks here every Thursday for activities going on at many happenin’ places around home and nearby.
- When: Saturday, Apr. 9 at 8:30 a.m. (registration begins at 7:15 a.m.)
- Why Go: Take a jaunt around town while also supporting local human service organizations. It's also one of the most popular Golden Valley events of the year!
- Price: $35 on the day of the race, $25 if paid in-person at the Brookview Community Center by Apr. 8
- When: Saturday, Apr. 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Sunday, Apr. 10 from 12-3 p.m.
- Why Go: There will be hundreds of books, you’re bound to find at least three titles for those upcoming rainy days.
- Price: Books are priced at $1 or less
- When: Friday, Apr. 8 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Anxious to get out biking? This is a great way to meet community members to bike with all summer long.
- Price: Free
- When: Saturday, Apr. 9 at 9 a.m.; the formal art opening reception is at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Tour Beth Grossmans’ art exhibit, hear guest speakers and engage in multicultural conversation.
St. Louis Park
- When: Friday, Apr. 8 from 6-7:30 p.m. (registration starts at 5:30 p.m.)
- Why Go: Zumba for the catastrophe victims in Japan and enjoy a peformance by Rueda de la Calle.
- Price: Suggested $10 donation, proceeds will go through the Red Cross