It’s Friday, and you have no idea what you’re doing for the weekend. Don't let a little rain keep you from having fun. There's a lot happening in and around Golden Valley, and there's no reason you should stay home... so Get Out!
Check out our weekend picks here every week for activities going on at many happenin’ places around home and nearby.
- When: Saturday, June 11 at 8 p.m.
- Where: New Hope Cinema Grill (2749 Winnetka Avenue N, Golden Valley)
- Why Go: Have some laughs with comedian Bill Young.
- Price: $15
- When: Friday, June 10 through Sunday, June 12
- Where: Any fishing location in the state of Minnesota.
- Why Go: Every Minnesotan should experience one of the state’s favorite hobbies at least once.
- Price: Adults can fish without a license while accompanying a child 15 years or younger.
St. Louis Park
- When: Saturday, June 11 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy an afternoon of outdoor family friendly activities, including live animal presentations, refreshments and puppet shows.
- Price: Free
- When: Starting Friday, June 10 the beach will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Why Go: Let the summer swimming fun begin. Visitors will also enjoy the new community play area.
- Price: $5 per person (Ages 2 and under are free), $3 per person after 6 p.m.; Season pass rates are also available at the Minnetonka City Hall.
- New Art Exhibitions
- When: Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Don’t miss the opportunity to explore “Friends and Mentors: Five Women Working in Clay” and “Birthmarks.”
- Price: Free