Get Involved in Golden Valley's City Government

The City Council is looking for volunteers for various boards and commissions.

**Information provided by the City of Golden Valley.

The Golden Valley City Council is seeking citizens interested in becoming more active in their city government by volunteering to serve on the City’s Advisory Boards and Commissions. Seats are currently open on the Civil Service Commission and the Human Services Fund. Deadline for applications is Jan 24, 2013.

Advisory Boards and Commissions recommend policy to the City Council and advise the Council on a variety of diverse issues. You must be a resident of Golden Valley to apply.

The Civil Service Commission has absolute control and supervision over the employment, promotion, discharge, and suspension of police officers of the Public Safety Department. The three members meet annually and on call.

The Human Services Fund plans and holds fundraisers and events to meet identified human service needs in the community and advises City Council on the allocation of funds. It meets monthly, second Monday, 7 pm, and requires additional time commitment for planning and working at fundraisers. Its 12 members include seven citizens-at-large and five community or business members.

Apply online or by calling Judy Nally at 763-593-3991.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »