**The below information was provided by each corresponding college.
The following students were named to the fall semester dean's list at Northwestern College in St. Paul, Minn. The dean's list includes full-time students with a grade point average (GPA) during the semester of 3.65 (out of 4.0) or higher.
- Gabriella Abbott, daughter of Dean & Stephanie Abbott of Robbinsdale, awarded with Highest Honors. Abbott is pursuing a degree in Theatre and Music Performance at Northwestern.
- Kelly Anderson, daughter of Todd & Lorie Anderson of Crystal, awarded with High Honors. Anderson is pursuing a degree in Elementary Education and ESL Education at Northwestern.
- Bethany Maupin, daughter of Duane & Catherine Maupin of New Hope, awarded with Highest Honors. Maupin is pursuing a degree in Elementary Education and ESL Education at Northwestern.
- Michaela Maupin, daughter of Duane & Catherine Maupin of New Hope, awarded with High Honors. Maupin is pursuing a degree in Visual Arts Education and Art at Northwestern.
Highest honors are awarded to students with a GPA of 3.90-4.0, high honors are awarded to students with a GPA of 3.75-3.89 and honors are awarded to students with a GPA of 3.65-3.74.
- John Hicks, from New Hope, Minn., was named to the Dean's List at Villanova University for the fall 2012 semester. Hicks is studying Philosophy in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Villanova University Dean's List recipients are honored by their college's respective dean. To qualify, one must be a matriculated full-time student and earn a semester grade point average of at least 3.5.The College of Nursing requires students to earn at least a 3.5 for the academic year.
- Ross Nichols, of Golden Valley, has been placed on the Gettysburg College Dean's Honor list for outstanding academic achievement in the Fall 2012 semester.
Students with a quality point average of 3.60 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for a semester's work are placed on the College's Dean's Honor List.
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Students from the area who have been accepted at University of Wisconsin-Stout for fall 2013 have been awarded the Chancellors Scholarship in the amount of $4,500; $3,000 for the freshman year and $1,500 for the sophomore year.
To qualify, students must be in the top 10 percent of their graduating class, or have a 3.5 GPA for high schools that do not rank with an ACT score of at least 26, or an equivalent SAT score.
- Emma DeRubeis of Minneapolis, Minn., is a student at Hopkins High School. DeRubeis plans to major in Psychology.
- Jaclyn Kueny of Minneapolis, Minn., is a student at Hopkins High School. Kueny plans to major in Undecided.
UW-Stout, Wisconsin's Polytechnic University, is a special mission university in the UW System. The university has a long-standing reputation of serving business, industry, education and the helping professions through its specialized educational programs. UW-Stout has a 98 percent placement rate for its graduates.