A look at some of the five things to know about the Theodore Wirth Park Winter Recreation area during the winter of 2013.
- The snowtubing hill includes tow rope and tubes. Children must be at least 4 years old or 42" tall to tube.
- Tubing admission, which includes tow rope and tube rental, is $8 for ages four to 17 and $12 for those 18 and over.
- Hours are 4-8 p.m. Wednesday to Friday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. Hours on holiday and school release days may vary.
- Wondering about sledding? Nearby Sunset Hill is located just a half-mile north Wirth Winter Recreation Area on Theodore Wirth Parkway at 26th Ave. N in Valley View Park, according to the Minneapolis Park and Recreation website.
- If you need to warm up or have snack, check out the Wirth Chalet.
For more information, check out the Minneapolis Park and Recreation website.