Theft From Cars in Golden Valley An Ongoing Problem
Between Oct. 8 and Oct. 13, eight incidents of theft from cars, or criminal property damage, were reported in Golden Valley.
A handful of Golden Valley residents reported that their cars were broken into between Oct. 8 and Oct. 13.
In one incident that occurred on Oct. 13, a car was reported stolen at the 8000 block of Olson Memorial Highway. According to the incident report, the vehicle was "taken" from the Perkins parking lot.
Other car-related incidents include:
- Theft from a Toyota Camry on Oct. 8 at the 1500 block of Princeton Avenue South.
- Theft from a Ford van on Oct. 8 at the 1400 block of Ottawa Avenue South.
- Theft of vehicle parts on Oct. 9 at the 700 block of Florida Avenue South. According to the incident report, the suspect stole lug nuts from the vehicle.
- Theft from an Acura on Oct. 12 at the 800 block of Louisiana Avenue South.
- Theft from multiple cars on Oct. 12 at the American Legion on Lilac Drive North. Police were dispatched when they received a call about a "male that was breaking into cars and left on foot when confronted by patrons."
- Theft from a Dodge Intrepid on Oct. 13 at the 1500 block of Gettysburg Avenue North.
Golden Valley Police Department Crime Analyst Joanne Paul said that residents should take the following precautions to avoid becoming a victim:
- Don't leave anything of value in your vehicle
- Remove the garage door opener if leaving your car parked outside of your home
- Park in well-lighted areas
- Lock your car