Paint Supplies Cause Golden Valley House Fire
The home was unoccupied when Golden Valley firefighters responded.
At about 10:50 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 17, a resident living on the 1400 block of Valders Avenue called 911, reporting that visible flames were coming from a nearby home.
When Golden Valley firefighters arrived on the scene, they quickly extinguished a fire that started in the breezeway between the garage and the home.
Golden Valley Fire Chief Mark Kuhnly said damage was very minimal, in part because the neighbor immediately called 911 upon seeing smoke and flames.
“It was a good outcome to something that could have been much worse,” Kuhnly said.
The home, which is under construction, was unoccupied when the fire started. Kuhnly confirmed that the fire started by “spontaneous combustion” from various paint supplies.