Last Minute Shopping in Golden Valley
In an attempt to avoid the mall, we found some seriously awesome gift ideas right here in Golden Valley— think gift cards, cooking classes or $5 stocking stuffers. The fact that these are last-minute gift ideas is an added bonus.
If you still haven't finished your holiday shopping, we understand why you might be putting it off. Who wants to drive to the mall, spend forever looking for a parking space, wait in long lines and have slim pickings left to choose from?
So when we went searching for unique, personal and fun gift ideas, we were excited to find something awesome for everybody on our lists right here in Golden Valley—that includes a little something for the host of your holiday party.
Oh yeah, and you can wait until the very last minute on all of these...
Local Venue Gift Cards
- Gift Idea: The outdoor enthusiast on your list can redeem a gift certificate at the winter recreation area or hold off until golf season.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Wirth Chalet (1301 Theodore Wirth Parkway)
- Gift Idea: Robbinsdale Area Adult Enrichment Programs have gift certificates available for community education classes of all sorts, including cooking, exercise and more. Through Dec. 22, $25 gift certificates can be purchased for only $20 by simply calling 763.504.6990.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Gift Idea: Gift certificates are available for any dollar amount and can be used for anything at the golf course. Private golf lessons with a PGA golf professional can also be purchased for your own favorite golfer.
- Holiday Hours: The Golf Shop is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: 200 Brookview Parkway
- Gift Ideas: The ultimate jackpot for kitschy stocking stuffers and home decorations for absolutely everyone in your life; not run of the mill books and games for kids, ladies will love the variety of accessories from fingerless gloves to vintage jewelry, he just might enjoy learning The Truth About Chuck Norris while adding Whiskey Stones to his cold drink, and pets will undoubtedly drool over the Humunga mustaches.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. On Christmas Eve it will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and it will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Location: 7814 Olson Memorial Highway
- Gift Ideas: Fill those stockings for under $5 with art utensils, candy, cosmetics, and man lotion. Also the perfect place for your more standard last minute needs, such as holiday cards, decorations and even medications.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to Midnight; Christmas Eve from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Christmas Day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: 5695 Duluth Street & 2500 Winnetka Avenue N
- Gift Idea: Just have that hip unique musician type left? Random novelty gifts, graphic tees, books that don’t suck and a large variety of Bob Marley memorabilia will surely satisfy the wanderlust folk remaining on your list.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Closed for Christmas
- Location: 8020 Highway 55
- Gift Idea: Grab a wedge of cheese from somewhere around the world and couple it with the respective cracker, bread or apple. If all else fails, you can always purchase a gift card for the store or even a Byerly’s culinary class. Caribou Coffee is also nestled within the same building to cater to the caffeinated crew on your list or maybe even your own quick fix.
- Holiday Hours: Open daily 6 a.m. to midnight. On Saturday, Dec. 24 the store will close at 4 p.m.; and will be closed Christmas Day.
- Location: 5725 Duluth Street
- Gift Idea: Add a bottle of wine to pair with your worldly cheese or pick up a 6 pack of your brother’s favorite brew.
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. On Saturday, Dec. 24 the store will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will be closed Christmas Day.
- Location: 5725 Duluth Street
Looking for a unique gift for that Robbinsdale Educator in your life? Make a tax-deductible donation to the Seven Dreams Foundation, which supports all Robbinsdale Area Schools in expanding innovative education initiatives.
Have any other last-minute gift ideas? Add them to the list by emailing the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) or writing in the comment section below.