Hopkins Kindergarten Information Nights Happening Soon
Parents will be able to learn about kindergarten options and how to prepare their children for school.
Editor’s Note: The following announcement comes from Hopkins Public Schools.
Hopkins Public Schools is welcoming the class of 2026 and their parents to kindergarten by hosting a series of Kindergarten Information Nights. During these information sessions, parents will learn about the kindergarten options available to them as well as how to prepare their children for that crucial first year of school.
Parents of 4 and 5-year-olds, as well as parents of younger children who have questions, are invited to attend any of the kindergarten information nights to learn about the schools and choices for their child:
- Parent Information Night: Tuesday, December 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Parent Information Night: Thursday, November 15, 6:30 p.m.
- Parent Information Night: Tuesday, November 27, 6:30 p.m.
- Parent Information Night: Tuesday, November 13, 6:30 p.m.
- Parent Information Night: Thursday, November 29, 6:30 p.m.
- Parent Information Night: Thursday, November 8, 7:00 p.m.
- Parent Information Nights: Tuesday, January 8, 6:30 p.m.
XinXing Parent Information Fair: Tuesday, January 8, 6:30 p.m.
Hopkins kindergarten options
Hopkins offers four options for parents to consider for their kindergarten-aged child:
- Half-day kindergarten is available at all schools at no cost.
- Half-day kindergarten is offered in combination with KinderConnection, the half-day program run by Kids & Company, Hopkins' school-aged childcare program, for a full-day experience. KinderConnection is fee-based.
- Kindergarten Plus, Hopkins' full-day, tuition-based kindergarten program, is offered at each school. Scholarships are available.
- XinXing Academy is Hopkins' full-day, tuition-based Chinese immersion kindergarten program, offered to all district families and families who wish to open enroll. XinXing is housed at Eisenhower Elementary School. Scholarships are available.
For questions about kindergarten programming, please call your elementary school principal, or contact Diane Schimelpfenig, Ed.D., at 952.988.4133. If you have questions about enrollment, including open enrollment, please contact Patricia Wright at 952.988.4003.