Golden Valley to Rehab Neighborhood Streets
Will your neighborhood be effected by road construction this summer?
The snow is still flying but the city already has its upcoming road construction projects planned. Residents south of Highway 55 and west of Highway 100 will see construction cones in their neighborhood this summer as the city continues its pavement management program.
The project will include street rehabilitation along with sewer and water main repairs and replacement. Last year, the city rehabbed 1.9 miles of road, this year just one mile of road will be rehabbed. The price tag for this year’s project is $2,995,000. According to city documents, homeowners will be responsible for $6,000 of the project.
The streets scheduled for rehabilitation in 2013 are:
- Yosemite Ave N between Glenwood Ave and Yosemite Circle
- Yosemite Circle from Yosemite Ave N to Loring Lane
- Loring Lane from Yosemite Ave N to Turners Crossroad N
- Woodstock Ave from Yosemite Ave N to Turners Crossroad
- Hwy 55 S Frontage Rd from Schaper Dr to cul-de-sac
The city has already approved next year’s rehabilitation projects, which includes 1.2 miles of rehabbed streets. An area just north of Glenwood Avenue is scheduled for 2014. (See map for more details).
Construction will begin in May.