Discarded Cigarette Causes Morning House Fire
The Golden Valley Fire Department responded to the fire at Pheasant Acres Townhomes at 4:00 a.m. Wednesday.
The Golden Valley Fire Department responded to a fire at a townhome early this morning, and Chief Mark Kuhnly said it was caused by a discarded cigarette.
Firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Pheasant Acres Townhomes, at 2406 Hillsboro Ave. N, around 4:00 a.m. today (Wed.).
The fire was contained to the deck and exterior of one townhome, and Kuhnly said there was some smoke and water damage inside.
Kuhnly said three people were inside the townhome at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
Automatic-Aid was received from Plymouth Fire Department and St. Louis Park Fire Department. Assistance was received from the Golden Valley Police Department and North Memorial Ambulance.